Looking forward we realize that things will be different for some time. We are ready to adhere to the changes that are necessary for our safe return as the phase in which we can open our doors approaches. We are prepared.
1. Safety First - We are following the CDC, NYS Public Health Guidelines, and are practicing and implementing the following upon our return.
2. Enhanced Cleaning Procedures - Our staff will be sanitizing before and after each class which will include all high touch areas and floors with alcohol disinfectant.
2. Upon Arrival - A "Safety Table" is set up at the front door equipped with additional face masks, gloves and hand sanitizer. Guideline signs as a reminder to adhere to mandated protocols. Sanitizer is located in every room. Desk staff and teachers will assist in directing students to dance rooms and designated floor markers.
3. Limiting Gatherings in our Lobby Area - Only one parent per child may come into the studio for students that are ages 10 and under. Drop off only for students ages 11 plus.
4. Floor Markers and Limited Seating - We have placed floor markers in our common areas and dance rooms to aid in maintaining the 6' distancing guideline. Arrows will also designate foot traffic in common areas and in dance rooms accordingly. Half of our chairs have been removed.
5. Masks - Face masks are required in all common areas. In dance rooms and during certain exercises, such as jumps, masks can be removed in order to breathe properly. Private lessons will keep the proper social distance from the teacher. As each student will be designated to a marker during class time, the teacher will advise when it is safe to take the mask off, and then when it should be placed back on during different movements while maintaining the proper spacing.
6. Dance Room I and II - We can only accept 8 students per class based on the 6' guideline, and for Dance Room II 6 students per class.
7. Class Times - Our schedules have been revised to include 15 minutes between class times to limit the amount of people in and out of the studio, and to keep up with our cleaning regiment to prepare for each class.
8. Arrival Time - Please arrive no earlier than 5 minutes to class, and/or on time.
9. Food, Drinks and Cleanliness - Water is permitted only. Please do not bring any food into the studio. To help us stay on top of our cleaning regiment, sanitation and schedule between classes, please remember to take your personal belongings with you and dispose of any trash you may have after class. Thank you for assisting us in keeping our studio clean and safe.
10. Recital and Competition Company - In checking with our venue for recital [Creative Ministries], and the competition organizations on their plans, we will be attending competitions that are scheduled for January, February and March of 2021 and we have been informed that all fees paid in advance to secure our spots will be carried forward to attend these three events. Our recital dates are scheduled for June 2021.
It has been a great and safe experience to see everyone back, and some new faces too that have inquired about our programs and have been patiently waiting as our students and teachers were to reopen. We look forward to continuing to serve our performing arts community with safety in mind, healthy learning and the fun experience and joy of doing what we love to do.
Thank you and all our best regards,
Your Teachers at Dance Pointe